The California Crafters Club of Etsy (CCCOE) is a group of independent artists, crafters, & artisans from California who sell their wares on Etsy.com.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spotlight on....

Welcome to our new series "Spotlight On..." where we meet and learn more about each other. Some questions are shop related and some are fun and quirky. Our first Spotlight brings us to..... 1. Your name and name of your shop(s)? Julia from SimpleTruths 2. Day or night job if you have one. I'm a development editor for a text book company - although right now I'm on maternity leave until April :) 3. Where do you get the inspiration for your designs/shop? Some of my inspiration comes from vintage designs. I like taking vintage styles and turning them into something more modern - like my granny square purse charms. I also just love things that exude coziness.
Granny Square Purse Charm Ribbon Button Neckwarmer 4. What was your favorite toy as a child? My little sister! And my Barbies 5. What did you have for dinner today? Left over veggie lasagne 6. Finish this sentence "When I grow up..." ...I want to be fearless. Shades of Pink Necklace Crocheted Beaded Necklace/Bracelet Crochet Ring in Bloom 7. Price is Right or Make a Deal?
The Price is right! 8. What makes you smile? Happy people, conversations with strangers, and pretty much everything that comes out of my toddlers mouth. 9. What don't people know about you? I like rearranging my furniture just because. My husband has been known to go out for just a moment and almost trip over the couch trying to get back in the house! 10. How many hours do you spend a day searching for stuff on Etsy?
....I have *NO* idea what you're talking about ;)
Hope you enjoyed this Spotlight On... Thanks to Julia for sharing and creating such gorgeous pieces!

15 comments:

  1. Julia, Wonderful creations and shop. It is great getting to know you better from this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun feature! Thanks for spotlighting Julia. Nice to get to know a little bit about another teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful designs!
    and hooray for the new spotlight series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely creations, great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the blog! Really enjoyed reading it and learning about our team members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature! You have wonderful items Julia, and it was fun getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun getting to know our fellow teamies! Wonderful feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea me!! :)
    I'm looking forward to reading other ccoe member spotlights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very much enjoyed being introduced to Julia and her wonderful shop filled with such wonderful creations! Charming interview and answers, especially loved the answer to question 10 ~ too cute! ✿

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great getting to know a little more about you Julia! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just awesome Julia,
    Not unlike your designs, which you know I love!! For those of you who are 'Thinking about buying Julia's designs.... stop thinking and place your order... you won't be disappointed. The neck scarfs and earrings are great everyday accessories. I am an about to be 60 Lady who still wants to look stylish and .. a bit fly on the daily... and these items are part of what makes that possible. I am so happy to see Julia and her designs featured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a cute new way to find out about our fellow teamies :) Julia your work is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to learn a little bit about fellow team members. Thanks, Jennifer for choosing Julia - I've been exploring her lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laughed about the rearranging the furniture! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbies!! What great memories. And great answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love to hear from you.
.