The California Crafters Club of Etsy (CCCOE) is a group of independent artists, crafters, & artisans from California who sell their wares on Etsy.com.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Artist Profile - Copper Tree Art

With so many amazing artists and creators in the CCCOE community, who's next? This months' profile is Kendra of Copper Tree Art.


When did you learn to do what you do?
I have taken metalsmith classes for several years now. I continue to take these classes on a weekly basis. I love learning new techniques and getting inspired for new pieces.



Describe your shop. How would you describe your style?
My shop is a collection of bohemian jewelry. Each piece is handmade and what I like to call perfectly imperfect. I like raw, earthy, organic looks.

What are your favorite pieces to make?
I love combining turquoise and copper. The colors complement each other so well. I love making wabi sabi rings where I get to hammer the band and each one turns out unique.









What inspires you?
I've always had a love for creating things. From the time I was a little child I would come with different crafts to make. Now as an adult, I love wearing jewelry. I began making jewelry so I could make myself
specifically what I wanted to wear. It has blossomed into an Etsy shop.


What does your work space look like?
I have many projects in the works at one time. I have built a studio that has taken over my garage. 









How do you spend your time when you're not creating?
My full time job is a dolphin trainer at SeaWorld. I am very blessed to have my dream job. I moved out to California 5 years ago when I got this job and have been so blessed to work at this amazing facility.




What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast?Eggo waffles


Where would you like your shop to be 5 years from now?I make jewelry as a hobby because I love it. I hope in 5 years I am still creating jewelry and still enjoying all the hours I put into it.

Where else can we find your work (online an in person)?My work is only for sale on Etsy. www.coppertreeart.com




Where can we learn more about you
You can follow me on:
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/pages/Copper-Tree-art-jewelry/232523256821023
Pinterest: pinterest.com/oskee/my-jewelry-www-coppertreeart-com/
Wanelo: www.wanelo.com/Coppertreeart



I don't know about you guys - but I spotted a great copper cuff I may be adding to my spring wardrobe.

If you're interested in being profiled, just contact Julia A. This post contributed by Julia A. of the BackLoop.  

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the metal jewelry. That's the next thing I want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the wabi sabi rings! And she gets to swim with dolphins! How fun is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this story and what gorgeous jewelry. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creations and awesome job. Swim with dolphins...I am soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun profile and great jewelry, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so great to get to know more about Kendra and her art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great write up of an amazing metal artisan, and she swims with dolphins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love to hear from you.
.