It's called ifttt and that stands for "if this, then that". From this formula you can create "recipes". It's useful for things like "if I change my profile picture on Facebook, then my profile picture on Twitter also changes".
For a while now, I've wanted to send a link for these posts to my Facebook page. (I write the posts in advance and schedule them to go live at a later date.) Sure, I can wait until I get online (hours later) to do it, but what's the fun in that? I looked and looked for a way to do it, but to no avail.
Once I had an ifttt account, it took me two minutes to set it up. And I'm probably overestimating how long it took.
At the moment, this is the coolest thing ever.
And they have Etsy recipes:
- Post a new Etsy listing to your Facebook page
- Post a Tweet when adding new items to your Etsy shop
- Post new Etsy listings in a Facebook Pages album
- Post a renewed Etsy listing to your Tumblr page
- Post new Etsy listing to Twitter with an image
- Tweet what I sell in my Etsy shop
And the list goes on and on.
Don't see what you need? You can create your own recipe.
Do you use ifttt? Any good tips for us? Ever heard of it before?